I have been fortunate early in my life to know that social work was my life’s passion and I have since been dedicated to the profession. I have worked in a variety of social work settings that have provided me with a diverse range of therapeutic skills, knowledge and resources to best inform my practice in working with children, youth adults and families.
Alongside my passion for social work, also lies a passion for health and wellness.
Trusting in our body’s natural ability to heal itself, I believe true health comes from the inside out, starting with how we perceive the world around us.
My work with clients has been my best learning and has taught me so much about the change process and how the power of our own mind can limit or create change in our lives. I became increasing interested in how limiting beliefs negatively impact the change process and also how it may impede on our health and well-being.
This led me to combine by passions and create MindOverMatter, Therapeutic Lifestyle Management. It is my goal to help others recognize their intrinsic strengths, inspire passion and empower others to challenge their old beliefs and live the life they desire.
- Masters of Social Work, University of Western Ontario
- Bachelor of Social Work, University of Western Ontario
- Nutrition and Wellness Specialist, Canadian Fitness Professionals (CanFitPro)
- Member of the Ontario Association of Social Workers, membership #4617
- Ontario College of Social Workers and Social Service Workers, membership # 819741
- Canadian Fitness Professionals (CanFit Pro)
- Advanced Certificate in Cognitive Behaviour Therapy for Anxiety Disorders, OISE University of Toronto, 2016
- Certificate in Cognitive Behaviour Therapy, Hincks-Dellcrest/OISE University of Toronto, 2012
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy for Self-Esteem, Oxford Cognitive Therapy Centre, 2016
- Brief Solution Focused Narrative Therapy, Hincks-Dellcrest 2012
Christina, MSW, RSW
Most emotional and behavioural reactions are learned – this means then can also be unlearned.
There are several techniques and strategies to help you eliminate the negative aspects of your thinking and facilitate lasting, positive changes in your life. My approach is inspired by cognitive behavioural therapy, and solution-focused therapy . However I am often creative in my therapeutic approach and draw from a variety of strength-based frameworks to best meet the needs of those I work with.
Therapy is a process of self-discovery, and a way to understand and uncover what guides our actions for the purpose of long lasting change. Although I am knowledgeable about the change process, I will never claim to have all the answers.
I am committed to developing an understanding of your circumstances as you experience them; I view you as the expert of your own life. My role is to support you in exploring your world so you can discover better ways of thinking and living. I will help you uncover new perspectives, while shining a light on your multiple strengths and abilities that will help you work through your challenges, and achieve a better state of mind.